Personal Defense, Fitness & Wellness, LLC offers courses that are designed by the National Rifle Association and taught by a certified NRA instructor. Each NRA course includes the essential NRA student packet and certificate. Some classes even require live fire. This portion of the class is taught at either Ben Avery Shooting Facility or Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club.
Current NRA-certified classes include:
- Basic Pistol Shooting Course
- This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two-handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development.
- Personal Protection Inside the Home
- This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.
- Refuse to Be a Victim® Seminar
- This is not a firearms instruction course, and does not include instruction in physical combat self-defense. Seminars teach common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of, and a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive and easy to follow. The seminar includes classroom instruction on criminal psychology, automobile crimes, cyber safety, home security, and a variety of crime prevention strategies including carjack avoidance techniques, use of personal safety devices, and more.
- First Steps Pistol Orientation
- NRA FIRST Steps Pistol is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific pistol action type. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development.
Coming in 2016: NRA Shotgun, NRA Rifle, NRA Home Firearm Safety and NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home courses!
Protect your second amendment rights and join the NRA for only $25 per year. Follow this join the NRA link for more details.